Job reference: P2401
Solutions Engineer - Renewables
We are looking for a motivated Solutions Engineer with technical domain expertise in the Renewables sector to join our rapidly growing business development team. Reporting to the Head of Business Development and taking technical direction from the CEO and Head of R&D, the role covers a broad range of domain knowledge, technical understanding and strong communication skills.
The Solutions Engineer will be required to lead client interaction, translating customer needs into actionable product requirements and specifications in the energy systems, grids, winds, solar and hydrogen industries.
Job Role and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities of the role include to:
- Stay abreast of sector/domain developments, including the key players, trends and the challenges experienced in the sector
- Build strong relationships with customers and prospective customers - primarily with technical level contacts - from initial contact through to long-term collaborations
- Provide customers with outstanding customer service and support
- Utilise domain knowledge and customer relationship insights to identify new business opportunities and enhance digiLab authority and credibility in the sector. This includes giving presentations, attending events, creating videos/articles and collaborating on publications, as appropriate
- Provide customers with technical support throughout the pre-sales process and provide follow-up where necessary
Key to this role will also be to maximise product knowledge and sharing, by:
- developing a comprehensive understanding of the company's technical products and services and communicating the value and benefits of these products to potential clients
- identifying and suggest gaps, improvements or key features in twinLab (and other digiLab products as appropriate), to aid product development for the sector
- documenting use-cases that can be used by marketing, sales, business development and software engineering teams
- raising awareness of digiLab and its product offerings within the industry through attendance at sector events and conferences, and conducting presentations to showcase digiLab technology solutions to potential customers and the industry in general.
As well as a sound understanding of the Renewables sector, you will have strong communication skills, with an ability to dissect complex technical concepts and explain them to stakeholders with a range of technical competencies.
With a strategic mindset, you will have a strong interest in business and partnerships, and be keen to develop commercial relationships and guide product and technology, to capture market opportunities. Computationally competent, with experience performing data analysis, Python experience and modelling capabilities would also be desirable.